Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Safe Travels

Summer is here and in full swing.  With the season comes all manner of visits from relatives, both from my side of the family, and from my fiance's side.  So far all exposure to in-laws has been pleasant, peaceful and uneventful.  And my fiance seems to fit in well enough with my family, which is great.

As I plan trips for the upcoming months (visits to my father in LA, a family trip to New York in October, and of course the honeymoon) I am reminded how life is really the ultimate, ongoing journey.  Life is a trip whose direction we somewhat choose and control, but there is always the unforseen aspect of adventure and learning that goes along with it.

Bridesmaid dresses are being ordered tomorrow, and I can only hope there will be time for alterations before the big day, considering my maids are spread across the country.  As I negotiate the waters of pre-wedding plans I realize flexibility, leadership and a good sense of humor all come in handy.  Letting go of the small stuff while paying attention to detail is a true challenge.

The most important thing is enjoying the journey, taking care of myself and ensuring happiness for myself and others.  In summer, the season of sun, sea and travel, that always seems a little easier.

No comments: