Friday, May 17, 2013

Settling In

This week marks the first full seven days in a row I have spent living with my fiance, without interruption.  I was taking care of a neighbors dog for a week and found it more convenient to stay on the Mesa than go to the condo for overnight escape. Milestone.

Lots going on: adjusting to the loss of our beloved dog Sasha at 17, cleaning up her bed, dish and saying goobye to her locks of hair on the carpet. It is with a bittersweet feeling we saw the two cats I brought into the household venture upstairs in the house, sensing the lack of the dog Sasha, and more space for them to explore more freely.

I felt the knots in my stomach come and go, and attributed it to a busy schedule and missing Sasha.  Then there was Felix busting out of his catio and going AWOL...found at the back door calmly meowing for his breakfast.  We have decided Felix is an indoor ourdoor cat, which makes me nervous but is apparently inevitable.

Then Felix proved his prowess as a mightly hunter by devouring 1/2 a rat or gopher, the pitious remains of which were found yesterday.

There is nothing more certain than change, they say, and I have learned to embrace changes with gentleness, humor, love and respect, for both myself and my fiance, as we settle into life together.  Realizing what a good life we have and how much we appreciate each other is a new discovery every day.

The plans for the wedding have alll been made, logistics to come up and be finalized as the December day approaches. So day by day I enjoy this time, where things are new, discoveries made every day as we blend out lives together.

No comments: